• Improve the technical efficiency of the professionals
• Better career prospects for all levels / grades of library staff
• Act as a centre of research and studies of Special librarianship and documentation techniques
• coordinate the activities
• promote the quality of Library and Information Services
• To be an integral part of the committee to develop a state library legislative and to create conducive public vote for its implementation.
• To develop the ways and means for the overall betterment of the library Profession & professionals
The CGLA consistently strives to improve the standard services in all kinds of libraries, within its scope, systematic efforts are also being made to raise the emoluments and professional status of the library personnel. It brings together the library and information personnel in all kinds of government and semi-government organizations. CGLA and Central autonomous institutions. The CGLA jointly organize the various professional events with other state professional associations & institutions